- Named and dedicated highest peak in county “Thurston Peak” in honor of the founder of Morgan County, Thomas Jefferson Thurston.
- Placed a marker on Francis Peak in honor of Esther Francis, Morgan pioneer woman for whom the mountain was named.
- Chairman Joseph H. Francis conceived the idea for the County Centennial History Series and worked with the State Legislature and State officials to make the project a reality for all counties in the state.
- Successfully petitioned the State Legislation to place a copy of the County Centennial History Series books in all public libraries in the state.
- Compiled the History of Morgan County for the County Centennial History Project.
- Located the Round Valley Pioneer Cemetery and placed a marker there that contains the names of those known to be buried in the cemetery.
- Erected a Veteran’s Memorial and Plaza for Morgan County Veterans of WWII, Korean War and the Vietnam War. Names are also listed for Other Conflicts and Peacetime Veterans.